Monday, September 20, 2010

lego land

So yesterday I went to LegoLand with Lesly and her nephew Luke.  I realized one thing...adults get older because they forget how to be a kid.  I loved Lego's as a kid...matter of fact I still love them.  I fight the urge everytime I am in the toy section at Target to buy some new Lego's.  As my Lego's sit in my parents basement gathering dust I can only dream of getting them all out and playing with them again.  I know to some of you it may sound silly, a grown up playing with toys, but what is wrong with it?  Do we not all still have a imagination?  Everyday that I get frustrated or am depressed about money or my job, I always seem to smile when something reminds me of being young.  A song, a commercial, a smell or even seeing a little kid get so excited over the simplest things.  A few months back Lesly, Dan and myself got into a Nerf war.  I pulled out all of my guns and we turned off all the lights and just played for 20 minutes.  For twenty minutes we all were focused on one thing.  Maybe that is it.  Kids know how to focus on the important things in life, the fun things.


So I give all of you a homework assignment.  Next time you are out shopping, buy a toy from your childhood, get some fruit roll ups or even buy the first album you ever owned and tell me if it doesn't make you fell great.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
 George Bernard Shaw

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this and as you know this 54 yr. old will play until I die. Speaking of Legos, I still have a 200 piece set.....my pride and joy.

    When was the last time you went to bed exhausted from playing so hard? I dare you........ Game on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall buying you Movie Director Lego mini set. That was a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete